Addon - Indexing management
Addon is included in SEO package for CS-Cart (goes free in this package).
This addon solves the big SEO problem in CS-Cart - it prohibits the presence of “technical” pages in the index of search engines they do not carry a semantic load for the user, but serve only for official, technical purposes store.)
Over time, search engines have learned to identify such pages and independently exclude them from the index, marking such pages with the "supplemental index" sign. But ... you need to remember the presence of such pages in the index has several negative consequences:
- a large percentage of such pages in relation to the general index tells the search engine about the poor quality of the site as a whole (there is evidence of algorithmic sanctions for such site errors);
- a search engine, going through such pages, wastes resources that it could spend on other useful pages;
- in some cases (for example, with a parameter in the url), the page is a complete clone of the normal working page (and this can already very badly affect the SEO promotion of the pages and the site as a whole);
- .... there are many more consequences that you should ask your SEO partner (if he answers that it doesn’t matter - it means that he should be fired) - This recommendation was one of the main in SEO audits from the most powerful SEO companies.
Indexing management addon adds extra features to the CS-Cart-based store, avoiding the indexing problems of technical pages and other pages, the appearance of which in the search index in the opinion of SEO experts is undesirable :
- Adds tag <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /> in the source code of technical pages, thereby prohibiting search engines from indexing these pages and links from these pages. List of page dispatches that are technical: 'profiles', 'auth', 'checkout', 'orders', 'wishlist', 'reward_points', 'product_features.compare'. Also, such a tag will be added on all pages if there are parameters in the GET links 'currency', 'sort_by', 'layout', 'subcats', 'items_per_page';
- Adds tag <meta name="robots" content="noindex, follow" /> into the source code of category pages without products (optionally by setting) and other pages (which the addon can close from indexing), thereby prohibiting the indexing of such pages, but allowing the search robot to follow links from these pages;
- Allows you to exclude objects prohibited for indexing from the HTML - site map;
- Allows to exclude canonicality for pagination pages (optionally by setting);
- Allows excluding link rel = "next" and link rel = "prev" tags for pagination pages (optionally by setting);
- Allows you to process 301 redirects for cases with frequent (sometimes malicious and deliberate) errors in the urls (processing a slash at the end of the url, processing extra slashes in the url, processing the case of characters in the url);
- Allows you to control the openness for indexing and the canonicity of the object (product pages and category pages) - for each such page, it is possible to close from indexing or indicate canonicality to another object (respectively, product or category);
- Allows export/import for products Noindex and Canonical attributes.
The addon works in integration with other addons from the SEO package and AB theme packages:
- “AB: Advanced Sitemap for CS-Cart” - allows you to automatically exclude objects closed from indexing from the xml-sitemap generated by the addon;
- “AB: Landing categories/pages“ - allows not to exclude landing categories from indexing (but only if they have subcategories);
- “Product of the day and extended promotions“ - allows you to manage indexing and canonical links for promotions pages generated by the addon.
Install the addon! Do not risk getting sanctioned by search engines!
- CS-Cart Ultimate (or CS-Cart)
- CS-Cart Multivendor
- 6 months (a paid renewal is available upon expiration)
AB dev team guarantees limited technical support to customers through its own technical support system. In order to use the technical support, authorize on the site and click the "Support" button.
Support does not include:
A complete list of technical support conditions look here